Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm Sorry

What do I say
As I rip your heart out and make a souffle
What do I say
As you bear the pain as it makes you insane
What do I say
You bear the pain that I bore dutifully as I stood by your side and cried
Silently deeply painfully sometimes I died
Now you stand there and look into my eyes
I see the pain you bear
Your pain digs deep and becomes my pain
I want the pain to stop for you so I lick your wounds in turn healing my own
I took a piece of you with me a piece of your heart
I could no longer bear to look at you so i turned and walked away
I couldn't think of what to say
To take the pain away
I could have said I'm sorry but that's just too cliche
As your brown eyes looked into mine I didn't know what to say so I just turned and walked away

No comments:

Post a Comment